(Picture unrelated to post)When you uproot your entire life, squeeze it into 11 feet of a moving truck and then set off to a completely new part of the country, you think you would remain influx for awhile. The first few days and weeks are spent unpacking, restocking your cupboards and google mapping every location before leaving the house. Where is the post office? In the Chevron. Where is the grocery store? The Taco Bell? and the Library? Nothing seems to go right as you are in a cell phone dead zone and your internet isn't connected yet.
Then suddenly, you have a new routine. Monday is cleaning and sewing. Tuesday Steve has no classes. Wednesday is park day. Thursday is play group. Friday is grocery shopping and date night. Wow. When did this happen? Last night I was laying in bed thinking about the fact that tonight we will be going to a friend's house for grilling and gaming and what I needed to bring, etc etc. And it hit me. We have a life here already. We have friends. And even though I miss friends from Utah, our life there is already becoming dim in my mind. (And why miss people when there is blogging and g-chat and facebook?) It seems like ages ago that I would trek off to work breast pump in hand or Steve and I would walk to Barnes and Noble and In-N-Out. Maybe I am a quick adjuster or maybe after nine years I was ready to move on. Either way, I am happy to be living in Georgia.
Have a great weekend.
3 comments:
Only my dear friend would list Taco Bell amongst grocery store, post office and library. I'm giggling.
I'm glad you both are adjusting so quickly! I always have trouble with change. You'll have to take some pictures of your state. I'm so curious about Southern towns :)
Good for you! I knew you would adjust quickly. It's been a joy reading about your new life. BTW, I love the new banner: A tale of a Pacific Northwest girl transplanted to the South by way of Utah. Exactly! xoxox
Post a Comment