Friday, September 24, 2010

HDMI + HULU = LOVE

Since we are living the poor college student life again, we opted out of our directv service when we moved to Georgia. It was an easy transition. New life, new lifestyle. And who doesn't want to save $60 a month?
So we bought an HDMI cable and watch tv streaming online through hulu.com via our laptop. And guess what? I don't miss cable. Well, I lie. Sometimes I miss the dull glare of the screen as I flip aimlessly through channels. Or the constant weight of the remote in my hand as I anxiously wait to fast forward through commercials.
The truth is though, most shows are available online for free you just have to wait until the next day to watch them. Modern Family season premiere? I watched it this morning. (You should be watching Modern Family. Hilarious) Survivor? We just watched it. So this year it looks like its going to be the dramatic 20 year olds vs. the saggy man breasts. Project Runway? I can't believe Andy "crazy-crotch-saddlebagged-pant" South did not get kicked off. Grrr...you lifetime producers-I shake my fist at you.

So want to save some money? Get rid of your cable.
Also switch your phone to Straight Talk. Our apartment was in a T-Mobile dead zone so we went with Straight Talk which uses Verizon satellites but is a flat fee per month. I have the lowest plan, $30 a month for 1000 minutes and 1000 texts and it is sufficient. Plus there are no fees or taxes. Hooray.

Okay go have a great weekend. We're going on a date tonight and tomorrow is a stake women's conference which means I get a nice break from chasing after a small boy who constantly wants to eat our laptop.

1 comment:

Megan said...

We love Modern Family!! I'm watching Survivor this year for the first time, and I was really surprised at how quickly everyone stripped down! Def. some saggy man breasts. Never heard of Straight Talk. Thanks for the tips!