Monday, October 19, 2009

I Hate Scrapbooking

As a general rule, I don't like scrapbooking. I feel like it is just way too much work to buy all the papers and embellishments and print off the pictures and then drag it out every time you want to do it and there are little paper bits all over your floor. And you have a great vision for a particular page and then you don't have the stuff to pull it off and then you have to buy more stuff and it becomes all about the embellishments instead of the memories.

My friend Julie from work told me about this cool program through Stampin Up, My Digital Studio. Its a digital scrapbooking software that comes stocked with cool papers, stamps and embellishments. So far I have just been trying to get the hang of it but I really like it so far and the program is really easy to use. Suddenly the daunting task of scrapbooking years and years of pictures not to mention the 6000+ Steve and I have taken since we started dating, seems a more doable feat.
So far I have only worked on our honeymoon and I am finding my personal perfectionism to be my greatest downfall. Also I haven't done any journaling on these pages yet but I will.
Anyway, I am excited to finally have a plan on organizing all those memories and getting my personal history underway.
And how fun is it to look back over the years and to realize just how blessed I am by all the wonderful people I have met and all the great places I have been? Its lots of fun.

2 comments:

jenny said...

i love stampin up & am impressed that they are branching out. i'll have to look into this program. sounds great!

Katherine Mortenson Weller said...

I stopped scrapbooking for the same reasons. And with 4 kids...YIKES! Who has time for all that? I'm gonna check this out! Thanks for sharing. :D