First go to the store and buy this cornbread mix. If you cheap out and buy the Jiffy mix I will come hunt you down-seriously, you're not a freshmen in college anymore.
Make as directed and once in the oven, get your chili on.
This is the best chili, so simple and easy and spicy and hearty. It is everything good about chili plus it comes in a packet. I can't believe people eat chili out of a can. (If you're in the valley, you can only buy this at Smith's and sometimes I have Steve go in and buy every packet they have so I don't have to think about it.) Oh and you can substitute northern beans for the white beans because they are often cheaper and no one can tell the difference.
Make the chili with the corn option and use frozen corn because corn out of a can is disgusting.
Your cornbread and chili should be done around the same time and within 40 minutes. Dice up tomatoes, grate cheddar cheese and throw it all in a bowl.
And BAM! a homemade dinner is done and you'll feel that much closer to fall. For dessert eat crisp apples dipped in caramel. This wondrous chili packet was brought to my attention by la.
4 comments:
hehe, I love that meal so much!! Did you get my message? Why haven't you called me?
Looks good, I will have to try this recipe! I must confess that I still buy Jiffy cornbread...
that looks delicious! I just got a package of that cornbread mix from my mom-in-law. when are we going to craft?
hhaa, how lame is it that I don't have your email! probably as lame as the fact that I'm not just calling you, except it is kinda late-ish. :) so, friday would be great! I have no plans all day! call or email: lorijharris@gmail.com
Post a Comment