Tuesday, January 6, 2009

The Perfect Boots

I have expensive taste. You know those spreads in magazines where they provide all the best of a certain item that they have been able to find? Be it end tables, necklaces, cardigans or lamps, I always choose the most expensive one. And I am not a snob, I am just attracted to the best I guess.
So I always feel like I am on the hunt for something whether it be the perfect floaty summer skirt, light blazer for fall or gold hoop earrings. This winter I was on a mission to find black flat boots. Last year I found brown riding boots that I loved and wore religiously. I already have heeled black boots but they aren't comfrotable for more than church so I wanted to get flat ones that I could wear everywhere.
Have you noticed how many slouchy boots there are out there? Yuck.
Anyway so I found a lot of boots that I liked online and of course they were all like $300, what is my problem? So I headed to the mall and totally lucked out at Macy's. These are the boots, and I mean THE boots. Flat, casual but still skirt appropriate and a little dressier than my old ones and they were leather too-which is really important to me. But they were $150. I know thats not a lot but after waiting for months and making them honor the online sale, I got them for $48! Happy Day.

4 comments:

Melinda said...

Congrats! I still need a comfy pair of flat boots myself, but that may need to wait till next year. And word on the slouchy boots! Gross!

jenny said...

love 'em! $48!! what a steal!

Megan said...

That's a really good deal for boots! But I have to say (sorry) that I think the slouchy boots in stores everywhere are adorable! I love em. Oh well. Yours are super cute too. And yours will still be cool next year. :)

beckie said...

Okay so I did see one pair of slouchy boots that I thought were cute and they were grey but the thing with those is that you have to wear them with skinny jeans and I will never/could never wear skinny jeans.

And good point, these will be cute next year too.