Monday, January 5, 2009

70's BEGONE

So I love things that are retro and vintage but not when they are ugly and dated and tacky. That brings me to my apartment's bathroom and kitchen. I have hated the cabinets in our apartment since we moved in. They are dark, dated and not cute. So since our landlord said we could paint I took some liberties and went for the gusto. And after only a little bit of sandpaper, lots of newspaper and the cutest mini paint roller ever, VOILA!
I also replaced the fixtures and repainted the bathroom white although you can't really tell in the picture but it looks a lot cleaner and fresh. Now onto the kitchen which is going to take more than an afternoon but will be a very welcome change. Yeah for motivated un-approved home improvements!

1 comment:

Megan said...

It looks great! Nice job. I would love to see a cute teeny-tiny paint roller. I bet I would love that.