Friday, November 28, 2008

Gratitude

Steve and I have been asked repeatedly to substitute in primary. I think one of our neighbors needed a last minute sub one week and we have been asked a lot since then. There are people called to be the subs-maybe we should find out who they are. Regardless, it is usually a pretty enjoyable time and a nice break from sunday school and relief society.

Last week we had a sharing time about being thankful. The kids were asked to say what they were grateful for. Some kids said appropriate things like Jesus and church, some said funny things like deer and pizza and thanksgiving. I know as a child I was definitely not thankful for deer. Since we had a lesson about Jesus in our class we decorated these hand turkeys.
So in the spirit of the season, I am grateful for... (in no particular order-except the first 2)

-My wonderful husband who is the best thing that ever happened to me. I am so happy I said yes to that second date.

-The Gospel

-My job. I am so grateful I got out of Icon Security before it went under, what a blessing!

-My creativity. I love how it spurs me into action.

-Diet Coke. Steve has said that I love diet coke more than him-thats a lie...

- My friends, especially all my girl friends, you know who you are. (Whitney, Lauryn, Lexi, darbie, Sarah and Natalie) Thanks for being the best roommates, shopping companions, late night chatters and double feature movie goers.
-And of course FAMILY! I totally forgot to put this on here. Its one of those givens. But I am truly grateful for all my family.

So for thanksgiving we ate dinner at Whitney's and it was great. She made a yummy turkey and some of the best homemade stuffing I had ever eaten. There was plenty of food, some Wii action-which let me tell you, it is probably not smart to enter a foot race on a crazy full stomach and some football. Of course I didn't have time to take a pre-dinner shot so this is the aftermath.
I was in charge of a couple of sides and an apple dessert. I made this tart which turned out really good and it looked impressive too!
Hope all your thanksgivings were great!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

aren't the primary kids hilarious?! haha, they say the funniest things all the time. so are you working at a different place now? that apple tart looks fantastic :)

Love Sweet Love said...

So where are you working now? Poor Icon...never thought I'd see it go under. Glad you got out in time!

beckie said...

I work at a place called Sirsi Dynix now. Its oretty much another desk job but instead of payroll, I bill people. Its a lot better, no one yells at me.

jenny said...

as someone who has to find primary or nursery subs every week i'll let you in on a little secret. you're a prime primary sub target because: 1. you guys are young which means you're fun & creative, 2. you don't have kids & primary gives you a view into how having children will be :), 3. you don't have sunday callings so you're free to serve. i'm not saying it's right just the reality of primary. :)so from the bottom of my primary heart thank you for serving in primary. :)

Cyn said...

Gee! I hope you're also grateful for family!

Sirsi Dynix is a huge library vendor. They've been having financial troubles, too, so be alert.