Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Pumpkin Patch

 Monday had us venturing out for our annual pumpkin patch tradition. We go to the Winterville Baptist Church because it is the perfect sized patch with pumpkins on pallets. Its also close to our home and great to support local churches.
 To say Henry loved it would be an understatement. He was filled with so much excitement he hardly stopped to breathe, hence all the blurry action shots. But Henry does love pumpkins and had lots of fun running around and choosing two little ones to take home.

 I love strange and bumpy ones. If we had lots of extra money and a huge porch, I would cover it with all the oddballs. Henry calls these ones "broken" pumpkins.

 We had $2 cash so Henry got to choose two tiny ones or one small one. Here are the two tiny ones he chose. We went to walmart too and bought big ones because they were on sale. His tiny ones came with a sticker sheet of faces which he proudly put on his pumpkins before bed. He also woke up in the night to "look at his pumpkins" which is what he told me. Yikes.
 Here is Henry as we've gone to this pumpkin patch each year. Sometimes I don't feel like he is really getting that much bigger and then I see him next to where he was last year and he looks so grown up. And I can't get over his sweet little baby cheeks from years past!
Love this crazy kid!

No comments: