Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Henry: Criss Cross Applesauce

 One cute thing that Henry has learned in preschool is how to sit cross legged on the floor. We used to call it indian style which I am sure is not PC but they call it criss cross applesauce. Its so simple but before preschool he would just sit on the floor with his legs out in front of him. I can't get over how cute and little he looks when he does it.
 And he has created his own version which he calls "the new criss cross applesauce" where he puts his feet together. He insisted on pictures of both. And hello cheesy grins throughout this whole post.
 Another thing that I have noticed develop in the past month is Henry has a lip freckle. Steve has one and Henry now does too. Its in the middle on the bottom. I think it is so cute and unique, even though his face is covered in cereal. Black and white saves the day. 
 Steve has been teaching Henry how to play rock, paper, scissors which is just another thing showing me how old he is getting. He gets really into it but still hasn't quite grasped the concept of how you win. Usually he will just waits to copy whatever we put down. Every time is a tie.
The other day I was cleaning out a bathroom closet and found this mini trophy I bought last year to give to Henry as a "piston cup." He had asked for one for Christmas and then I had completely forgotten about it tucked away among the towels. So I gave it to him and he had lots of fun setting up races for his cars. The race track was constructed from rolls of paper towels, the contenders were the folks of Radiator Springs. I thought this display on the table was the perfect way to capture life in our house.

No comments: