- Pictures were inspired from an idea on Pinterest. The angry face makes me terrified for his teenage years. And whenever you ask him to make a silly face, this is what he pulls out. Scared? Maybe he is happy to be scared? Crazy kid!
- One thing that Henry has been saying a LOT is "Mommy, look at this." "Look at this, Mommy." And its not like what I am looking at is ever anything more exciting than him jumping off the couch (again) or biting into a piece of sandwich. This actually brings me a huge helping of guilt as I can't always look and lose patience in actually wanting to look. Sigh...
- Henry has discovered these "buttons" on his body. He will push his fast button on his tummy and then race through the apartment. He has turn buttons, stop buttons, jump buttons and even a slow button. Sometimes he uses this excuse "my fast button is broken" or something similar when I am trying to get him to cooperate.
- Henry has been loving preschool! That is a total understatement. He has even made a couple of friends: Franny and Ruby. I was hoping he would befriend some males. Nope. He comes home singing new songs with a backpack full of artwork and a head full of stories to tell me. Its so neat to see him growing already. He can explain to me things that happened that were important to him and without me prompting him. For example, he told me this whole story about sharing the swings with a little girl who had swirly yellow hair.
- One thing I was most interested to see when he started preschool was the influence of other people on him. This is the first time he has been away from us and learning from other people who aren't Steve and I and people we really know. One of my favorite things are the songs he sings that I didn't teach him. This little light of mine, I'm going to let it shine...
- There is a church in Athens that recently had a fire. Henry calls this church the "hot church." He is obsessed with it. And the obsession goes from fascination to terror. One day he was crying when he found out we'd be driving by it so I had to drive around campus another way. Luckily, they are tearing it down and putting up a new church. Hopefully it will be done soon so we can move on. But his noticing of fire stretches to everything now. There is a guy in the Avengers show, the Human Torch who Henry calls the "hot guy." It took us forever to figure out what he was talking about. I was relieved when it was the torch guy and not him thinking Iron Man was cute.
- Henry has started to notice when he gets angry. Being upset is fine but we're working on how he shows it. Sometimes he throws things or pouts off into his room. My favorite thing he does is he'll get all mad in the face and say, "I'm going to get angry. Here are my claws." Then he dramatically lifts his hands that have been scrunched into claws. He doesn't hit anyone with them he just uses it as a way to express his frustration.
- He will also come up to me in amazement and say "Mommy, look at what is happening." He'll lift his hands and they will start to turn into claws as if he has no control over them. Its pretty amusing. He also turns into a puppy a lot too.
- His favorite movie right now is Peter Pan. He watches it every day. He even has a whole scene memorized and acts it out while running around the house pretend sword fighting. He also is enjoying Aladdin and is fascinated by the cave of wonders. He watches that part while hiding behind a chair and peeking out until the cave has sunk back into the sand.
Wednesday, September 11, 2013
Henry: The Speed Button
Henry has been hilarious lately. And while he has moments where I wish I was miles away... most of the time he is so energetic and cute and lovable.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
He is so funny. Adalyn is going through that "look at me" phase and yes, it is driving me nuts. Oh well - it's still a fun age!
Post a Comment