Friday, September 6, 2013

bexcaliber: mood boards, unexpected luxury

Well it was love at first site with these tattooed ladies from artist Emily Martin over at the black apple on etsy. I loved the idea of creating an elegant but unexpected bedroom around these lovelies. And while I personally would never get a tattoo, there is something enchanting about these floral ones. Their hairstyles suggest an earlier time period so I'd like to imagine that they are usually pretty covered up with clothing and their tattoos are secrets just for them, hidden away. Unexpected art.

I stuck with a pretty neutral color palette (for me) on the amazing bed and traditional rug and curtains. But an aquamarine chair and bright orange pagoda mirror pack a punch. I seriously am crushing on this bamboo mirror. I loved these vintage deep blue side tables paired with the modern linear glass lamps. Heavier tables topped with light as air lamps, sounds good to me. And I couldn't resist this sweet elephant ring holder.

I pulled the colors for the pillows out of the citrus print, I do love a good botanical. The custom Love Print is created from Fall 2013 Pantone colors. I am digging this Linden Green paired with Deep Lichen Green. It is still bright but muted for fall and could easily transition into many other seasons.



Love Print Pillow Cover in Pantone Colors by bexcaliber on etsy
Citrus Floral Print by rifle paper company
Slam Dunk Tangerine Super Soft Pillows from Overstock
Linear Blown Glass Table Lamp from West Elm
Tangerine Pagoda Mirror from Horchow
Tess Chair in Aquamarine from Crate and Barrel
Braylin Rug from Pottery Barn
Ceramic Elephant Ring Holder from Urban Outfitters
Threshold Farrah Fretwork Curtains from Target
Tattooed Ladies Print Set from The Black Apple on etsy
Regency Linen Bed from Anthropologie
Vintage Lacquered Night Stands from Danish Modern LA

No comments: