Monday, January 21, 2013

bexcaliber: giveaway

Happy Martin Luther King Jr Day!

So I wanted to do a fun giveaway and I also needed some motivation to finish up my paperwork/tax stuff for 2012. I am combining both efforts into a guessing game giveaway.

How many yards of fabric did I buy last year?
I have no idea. The thought kind of boggles my mind. Its a lot. I know I have purchased at least three complete rolls of white cotton at 25 yds a roll. I also know that to find out I will need to go through all my receipts for the year, a task I have been putting off for months.
So there you have it. Please leave a comment with your guess as to how many yards of fabric I have purchased in 2012. Closest person wins a pillow cover of their choice from one of my fabric designs. Pillow can be 16X16" or 18X18" and has to be in stock. Only printed designs are available not appliqued or quilted ones. And I have some fun new prints in the shop too!
Giveaway will end this Thursday Jan 25 at 10:00 pm EST. Winner announced Friday.

And a hint: it takes less than 1/2 yd to make one pillow cover.
Another hint: I jotted down a guess and I am already way off and I only have gone through about half my receipts.

11 comments:

Suzanne said...

My guess is that you purchased 446.5 yards of fabric for pillows last year.

Meghan said...

My guess is 314 yards!

jenny said...

I'm going to go with 500. :-)

Jeff and Michelle Galovan said...

500 yards!

lillie said...

I guess 398 yards

Potlucks on the Porch said...

Um 1 billion? How much space do you have in your craft cupboard? How many days have you had crappy weather out there and you had to get out of the house? All this info is imperative for my guesstimate! JK Um 637 yards. Love you!
Maren

Megan said...

Hmm let's say 426. :)

The Glad Family said...

Ah, I'm going to go overboard and say 550!

Tina and Joe Rankin said...

I will say 531.5 yards. :) I don't know if I am even close, but I hope so.

Emily said...

Hmm.. how about 475.

Andrea Nelson said...

First, are we talking price is right rules...I'm going to have to say...329 yards.