Don't forget to enter the giveaway! So far your chances would be pretty good as only 2 people have commented. It ends tomorrow night!
We don't eat a lot of soup. Mainly because I don't often think of it as a meal option. But since it is kind of winter here (today it is almost 70* and we have used our AC within the last week) I thought I would try more soups in my menu making.
This soup was really easy and good. Better the second day when it wasn't so hot that it burned my tongue. It was also really easy and required maybe 10 minutes of prep, my kind of cooking.And the picture is bad because just as dinner was ready my camera battery decided to die. Poor quality phone it is.
Slow-Cooker Tortilla Soup
recipe from Sue Arnett
1 lb chicken breasts, can be frozen
1 (15oz) can whole peeled tomatoes, mashed
1 (10oz) can green enchilada sauce-I couldn't find green enchilada sauce so I just used mild red
1 medium onion, diced
1 (4oz) can chopped green chiles
2 cloves garlic
1 (14.5) can chicken broth
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 bay leaf
1 (10oz) pkg. frozen corn
Garnish: Tortilla chips, avocado, fresh tomatoes, lime, cheese, etc
Place all ingredients in crock pot. Cover and cook on Low setting for 6-8 hours or on High for 3-4. Before serving, shred chicken and remove bay leaf.
To serve garnish with tortilla chips and cheese. We also mixed in black beans. Steve doesn't like black beans so I didn't add them to the whole soup but just used as a mix in and it was really good.
Steve Rating: 7
Beckie Rating: 7
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I love a good crock pot soup! We have soup all the time, probably too much. Sounds like a good recipe!
Post a Comment