Saturday, January 12, 2013

2013: The Resolutions

Last year you will remember that I did a Weekly Tally. Every week I would fill in little squares when my desired tasks were complete. I loved it and it helped me develop and keep some new and necessary habits. Eventually I grew out of it which was the ultimate goal. I no longer needed the sheet to read my scriptures and make my bed everyday.

So this year I have just a few things I am going to be focusing on. I put them here so I will be accountable and I will hopefully follow up by blogging about my attempts and my successes (or failures).


Try One New Recipe A Week: I get stuck in huge menu planning ruts so I am making this goal. I will also be sharing here the new things that were extra tasty so you can benefit too.

Send One Thank You Note in the Mail A Week: This is part of my larger goal to have more charity towards others. Its been fun thinking about not only those who I could thank now but people from my past who have influenced and loved me. 
Why in the mail? Lately I have been feeling the loss of paper in my life. It saddens me to think that Henry might know very little of holding a book in his hand, reading a letter he got in the mail and scribbling notes on a pad or in a journal. Plus who doesn't love to getting mail?

Stretch Myself Creatively: I know I am already creative but I wanted to give myself a little push this year to try new things. So I signed up for an Introduction to Drawing class through a community art center. I'm excited to see how a return to the basics will inspire my work.

Exercise More: I have really enjoyed running lately and spending more time on myself. So I have devised an incentive plan. Every time I work out I get one point, when I reach 100 points, I get a treat. Like a massage or a mani/pedi. So far I am up to 7 points. Not too bad considering I didn't really do anything the first week of the year.

Teach Henry the ABC's: We're doing one letter a week until we cover them all. 

That's it. Super simple and doable. Just what I need right now. Nothing like setting yourself up for success, right?



2 comments:

Cyn said...

The best way to succeed in life is to set achievable goals that stretch you, but don't break you. As for paper books, it's up to you to make sure Henry falls in love with them. I understand the allure of e-books, but give me a hardback copy of my favorite book any day!

Megan said...

Awesome goals! I'd love to see the recipes you try and like. We're working on the ABCs too. Fun stuff!