Its New Years Eve as I start this blog post and Steve and I are staying in. With Henry it is too much trouble to try and party so we have created our own party. We have a variety of cheeses, crackers, a decadent chocolate mini cake for two and strawberries. For entertainment we have The Dark Knight Rises and Step Up Revolution. A quiet evening at home seems the perfect close to one year and start to another year.
This year has been fantastic. I never got around to including a newsletter with our christmas cards but now as I am reflecting there is much to be grateful for and much to reminisce over in 2012. We went camping in Florida and touring in Savannah. We traveled to see family all over the US and had some quality time with our little family too. I feel like we have come to our own as a family here in Georgia. I also am so grateful for the friendships this year has brought me, you know who you are.
Henry has grown immensely this year too. Just this time last year he was finally saying "Mama" and now he is out of control. He won't stop talking or singing and I love it. Now instead of babbling it is complete sentences. He has full songs memorized and continues to spice things up by substituting his own lyrics. And this Sunday he will be a Sunbeam. I have a child in Primary!
And for me this year I am constantly amazed at what I accomplished. Not bragging but almost in awe. I did some things I never thought possible. Some because of determination and hard work but others because of luck in circumstance. Both ways I feel so blessed by the confidence I have gained in myself and the opportunities I seized. I feel stronger than ever that I am on the right track not only in my business but in my personal life and goals. Its comforting to have a little piece of mind even if it might be fleeting.
So thank you 2012 for a wonderful year. I truly enjoyed you.
Watch out 2013, here I come!
Tuesday, January 1, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Happy New Year, sweetie! We love you all! xoxoxox
So this is probably creepy... but I still follow your blog and I am seriously impressed all the time with you! You're such an awesome wife + mother and so darn crafty. I love it. :) Thanks for being fabulous!
Happy New Year! You've done some totally amazing things this year! Can't wait to see what's next.
Post a Comment