Since Henry has been loving Halloween, we have been doing little halloween projects this month. First up, potato prints. At first I wanted to use an apple half to print the pumpkins but I couldn't get the cut straight so only half of it would even pick up the paint. And then the apple was too hard for Henry to hold. Any tips on cutting an apple in half and having it be flat? So I chopped a potato in half and it was much easier and better. Henry loved it and I pretty much let him go to town on 8 sheets of black and white paper. I just used basic acrylic paint I had on hand.
After they dried, I cut them out and then drew silly and spooky faces on them. Henry helped dictate shapes for eyes, mouths and noses. I love the way the partial print ones turned out. I love how they have a patchy orange circle shape, very artistic.
With the jack o lanterns ready, I whipped them through my sewing machine just stitching along the tops and there you have it, an easy-kid-friendly-one-of-a-kind banner.
I'm thinking for christmas we're going to do lots of white potato prints on blue and make a long snowman by hanging them vertically. But we'll see if it actually happens.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Very clever and way cute. You are a genius!
Post a Comment