Sometimes it boggles my mind to think that we live with anywhere from 200-300 pillow covers at one time. Being organized is the only way to make it work in our two bedroom apartment. So I thought I would show you my "studio" of sorts. First I have my office/mini desk area. When we got the new computer (isn't it beautiful?) we had to install some shelves to hold the printer. I used two black shelves from an old bookcase we had and I bought and installed 4 brackets on the wall. The shelves now hold the printer plus supplies for shipping.
My etsy closet is Henry's closet. Luckily he has few clothes that need to be hung. When we switched rooms back in May we locked this door and made this my area of the house plus storage too. The door leads into Henry's room and connects it with the bathroom. We locked it so no one uses this door anymore. I used a shower curtain tension rod to hang Henry's clothes. In the hallway I have a box of bubble mailers on top of a box of Henry's christmas presents (shhh, don't tell him). On top of the boxes are all my christmas inventory plus any pillows awaiting their photoshoots. I try to keep unlisted inventory separate from the rest so I don't forget to list items.
Inside the closet, I have all my pillow covers. My friend Emily suggested storing them on cardboard sleeves like records so that is exactly what I do. It is a great way to keep them all wrinkle free and also its great for craft shows. The top shelf has unfinished projects and then the rest are organized by size. Sale items are in the box.
We also use the closet to keep all our games and misc storage stuff. Plus all my art supplies, fabric scraps, cut felt appliques and craft show stuff.
So there you have it. My crazy etsy stuff. Oh and I forgot to mention that I sew on the kitchen table and clean it all up once or twice a week so it doesn't take over the whole house. I dream of one day having my own craft room with shelves for everything, big work tables and thread bits all over the floor. Sigh. One day.
Tuesday, October 9, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Just found your blog, Super cute! I can't wait to read more!
-meandmr.com
Awesome organization! I love seeing "behind the scenes." :) Your computer looks awesome!! I love a good Mac. Someday you'll have a big old giant sewing room and it will be amazing. :)
Post a Comment