
When I am thrift store shopping I am always on the look out for things with potential. Often a particular print or fabric will stick out to me and I have to have it. Approaching the register, Steve gives me a doubtful look. Really? You want to buy that red and grey mumu?

But with a little elbow grease, hemming of the sleeves and skirt, nipping in the waist and the right accessories. A fab ikat dress for $7*. Bring on summer.
*Seven dollars is kind of steep for thrift store clothing. I usually aim way lower.
7 comments:
Very cute! (Both you and the dress!)
Awesome transformation! You rock!
That is amazing!
I was admiring your dress in the previous post and wondering where in the world you got it from because it is so cute! I wish I had some sewing skills!
Fabulous! Well done, Beckie. ;)
I was leaving the house one day, several years ago, when your uncle stopped to chastise me.
"Excuse me," he said. "Did you forget something?"
Hmm, I thought, Did I forget to kiss him good-bye. I don't think so.
I looked at him and shrugged my shoulders.
"Your belt!" he said, pointing to my outfit. I was wearing a big blousey (and beltless) red dress--a style that was very popular in the 90s.
I patted him on the shoulder. "Babe," I said patiently, "this is the way the dress is supposed to look" and then left the house.
Your uncle would approve of your belt and other improvements you made to your ikat dress.
Beautiful! I need to pizzaz up my wardrobe by taking tips from you.
Post a Comment