Well we survived the weekend. And I say survived because even though we didn't do anything super huge like a camping trip or a picnic in the canyon with everyone else in Provo, we were busy.
Friday: I took pretty much the whole day off, thanks to me wisely working 4 - 9 hour days. Steve and I had lunch and then finished prepping for our yard sale on Saturday. That night we dined at Chili's on a lovely array of fajitas (Steve) and a fried medley of yumminess (me)
Saturday: the yard sale. At first when our neighbors asked if we'd like to join them in a yard sale, I thought, "well, let me see what we have first." It turns out we had a lot of stuff. And I feel very good about getting rid of it. In fact, I kind of wish we had gotten rid of more. The sale went well, we made about $70 and loaded the rest of our junk immediately into the car and drove it to DI.
We took naps, red boxed Taken and called it a night. I liked Taken, don't get in Liam's way.
Sunday was Sunday and it was nice and rainy. I love summer rain. Why not, right? In a couple of weeks I am going to be miserably hot so bring on the rain now. Plus it really did wonders for my garden, it made the ground rich and soft and my corn is out of control.
Monday: I awoke to running lots of errands and finally finishing planting the garden. Steve was kind enough to help and now we have bell peppers, tomatoes, corn, green, white and yellow onions, basil and zucchini in the works. Also stock, daisies, zinnias and another flower I can't remember off the top of my head. Pictures to come.
Then Steve and I grabbed some fried chicken, watermelon, a blanket and had a lovely picnic in a neighborhood park followed by more naps and seeing Angels and Demons. I liked Angels and Demons, although not as much as The Da Vinci Code. I am excited for summer movies to start rolling out in particular Julie&Julia, The Proposal, Harry Potter and the new Transformers.
The night ended with dutch oven peach cobbler and watching reruns of American Gladiators from the 1980's.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That sounds like a lovely Memorial Day! John and I headed down to Provo yesterday and I forgot how empty it is during the Spring/summer to there was a lot of picnic space in the parks.
Post a Comment