Friday, March 20, 2009

Quotable

Steve: "What is a contessa? and why is she barefoot?"

He always keeps me laughing

5 comments:

Melinda said...

That's cute! Although I too have wondered why she is called the Barefoot Contessa. John always calls Bed Bath and Beyond, bed bath and body works. haha!

Steve said...

Well, what's the answer?

beckie said...

Here is the answer as copied from the barefoot contessa website
"Barefoot Contessa is the name of a classic movie from the 1950's with Humphrey Bogart and Ava Gardner. When I bought the store in 1978, it was called Barefoot Contessa. The former owner is Italian and her family called her the Barefoot Contessa when she was young. It's about being elegant and earthy which is what we're about. "

molly said...

I love Ina Garten!

whitney allison said...

I really love Ina. I want to make everything she makes. 100% of the time her stuff looks absolutely delish. Plus she's chubby and fun.