Friday, March 27, 2009

Camera In Hand

Sometimes I feel cheated that I don't live somewhere more glamorous. I only feel that way when I am craving a good museum, ride on the subway or when I'm wearing a particularly good outfit that no one even seems to notice.
Then I tell myself to get over it and just enjoy these final 16 months we have in Utah. That's it, that's how long I have here until Steve whisks me off to PhD land. 16 months is nothing especially considering I finally found a chinese restaurant that I love here. (Rice King on Center Street in Provo (I don't know why having a go-to chinese restaurant makes a place finally feel like home maybe I'm just thinking of Snohomish's awesome Peking Duck.))

So what brought about all this introspective blabbing? you might ask. Well I found this photographer, Leo Patrone through Melinda's blog and I was immediately inspired by his living in Utah and not feeling cheated by it. His images are definitely gritty and nostalgic. And not only does he do fabulous personal work but he does weddings too. And good weddings, seriously if you are getting married, you should hire him. Right now. Oh and he shoots in film which is so admirable in this digital age. And he has a show going on right now at the Sego Art gallery on University Ave.
So needless to say I am inspired to get out and enjoy Utah and take my camera with me.

All photos courtesy of Leo Patrone from all over the world and Utah

1 comment:

Megan said...

Where are you guys moving for Steve's PhD? Seattle??? :) People would totally notice your outfit here. ;) You should check out Ben's best friend Nathan's cafe he opened in Provo if you're ever there. It's called Pennyroyal Cafe. Not sure exactly where it is....But it sounds really cool!!