Here we have Gorgonzola, Grape Tomato and Fresh Basil
And grilled chicken, mushrooms and olives. Plus the crust literally costs pennies to make which is just an added bonus.Pizza Dough
1 pkg yeast
1 cup warm water
2 1/2 cups flour
2 Tbsp oil (vegetable or olive)
1 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar
Any additional seasonings (sometimes I add italian seasonings or garlic powder to the crust for added flavor but you don't have to)
1. Preheat oven to 425*
2. Dissolve yeast in warm water, about 4 minutes, in large bowl
3. Add sugar, oil, salt and any additional seasonings. Mix together well.
4. Gradually add flour, when dough is elastic-like remove to floured surface and knead thoroughly for 3-4 minutes until easy to handle. You can also just knead dough right in your bowl if it is big enough.
5. Spread into greased cookie sheet or roll out on floured surface into desired shape. You can roll out and cut out mini pizzas too. If you are using on a pizza stone make sure to spray stone with pam or pizza will stick right to it. Parchment paper works really well on a cookie sheet.
6. Cover in sauce and toppings
7. Bake for 12-15 minutes. For a double batch, deep dish pizza, bake 20-25 minutes.
5 comments:
How fun! I'm totally going to do this!
beackie- i had a ? about the salt & sugar measurements. how much salt? :)
uh, i mean, beckie! sorry! :)
Yeah sorry about that. Its 1 tsp of each, I edited the post.
Beckie you are so crafty and such a cook! I love it! I would love to get the girls together sometime! It would be so much fun ... I just did Whit's hair the other day, she looks so cute. Anyway, it was really good to see her and I just miss everyone so here is my number 801-485-0286 (home) 8010-623-8540 (cell) give me a call and we will all get together sometime!!
Post a Comment