Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Lipgloss and other musings (without pictures)

If you have been following my blog at all, you would realize that I tend to go for a high picture to text ratio in my blog postings. Unfortunately of late, I have found this preference to be inhibiting when it comes to posting. I mean, if I want to share with the world my favorite new lip product I feel like I can't because I don't have a picture. I guess I could take it out of my purse and then photograph it, or apply it to my lips and then photograph that, OR I could take a picture of myself holding the product close to my face so you could see both product and results. All that is too exhausting to even think about because I don't think I could manage the self portrait and I'd have to get out the tri-pod because I seriously doubt that I would ask Steve to take a picture of me with my lip gloss. So here is to my new resolution: to write without pictures. Don't worry, there will still be lots of pictures but you might get some "just text" posts from me now. So don't freak out, I'm okay, the Rebel is okay, I'm just trying something new. And you can even not read them if it really bothers you.

So this brings me to the whole lipgloss thing...

I don't know about you but I am not usually a lipstick person. Like wearing polish on my fingernails, it just feels too fancy for everyday and since my life is far less dramatic and glamorous than I would probably like, I never wear lipstick. I'm a flavored chapstick, maybe a clear gloss girl.
For some reason recently, I have really wanted to give it a go. So I went in search of the perfect color and formula for me. Lip product is always touchy because if you buy it, try it, hate it, you can't return it. But I totally lucked out with this (insert link instead of picture) and I LOVE IT! Its Maybelline Super Stay lipcolor. It has a stain on one end and a glossy balm on the other. And the stain stays put but never looks cracked or flaky. My lips tend to flare up in hot pink when anything is applied to them so I needed something with some real saturation.I first got Heather and then got bold with Red. I'm a total believer now. Its a GREAT product

Side Note: Steve and I have been trying hard not to shop at Walmart, its our attempt at sticking it to the man. So I bought these lip gloss things at Target for a big fat $6.50 each. I know, I know... Last night I went in search of a cheap wig for Halloween-more on that later-so I went to walmart for the first time in over a month and since I was curious I checked out their lipgloss pricing. It was only $3.97! Its really hard to stick it to the man when they have such great prices.

3 comments:

molly said...

Continue to stick it to the man, because walmart's costs are a lot higher than the 3 dollar savings - in the global ramification scheme. Also, if you are looking to branch out further into the lip gloss world, juicy tubes are fabulous! And if ever you want a lip stick, I am a total convert to NARS velvet matte lip pencils. I would commit murder for them.

Melinda said...

Victoria Secret beauty rush lip glosses are my favorite right now. They're the only thing that stays on for 4 hours of teaching. I'll have to try the Maybelline. Thanks for the tip! Oh, John is always wanting to say "Damn the Man" but is still trying to find the courage to do so.

Cyn said...

I agree with Molly: continue to boycott Walmart!