Sunday, November 2, 2014

eaten: mounds brownies

I have had this recipe pinned for about two years. I love Mounds Bars! So yummy. Who doesn't love coconut? Well I was right that this was delicious but it was also very rich. If Steve and I had had to eat the whole pan it would have been bad. Good bad. But bad nonetheless. So I made it for our ward Trunk or Treat and I was able to snag a taste before the pan was emptied. I might have been eating the leftover corners at home straight from the pan...

We'll need to have a party so I can make them again.


Recipe and Picture from Katrina's Kitchen

Mounds Brownies Recipe

YIELD: 1 9x13 pan
PREP TIME: 30 min
COOK TIME: 30 min
TOTAL TIME: 1 hour
These Mounds Brownies taste just like the candy bar. Start with a boxed brownie mix and end with a can of frosting, but the middle is totally homemade.

INGREDIENTS:

1 Family Size (9x13) pan of brownies, prepared
5 1/3 Cups shredded coconut
14oz Can sweetened condensed milk
1 ½ Cups powdered sugar
1 Can of chocolate frosting


DIRECTIONS:

  1. Prepare brownies and let cool completely.
  2. In the bowl of your mixer combine coconut, sweetened condensed milk, and powdered sugar until all ingredients are incorporated.
  3. Spread coconut mixture over brownies.
  4. Place can of frosting in the microwave for 10 seconds (please be sure to remove foil liner and lid) until pourable.
  5. Pour frosting over the coconut mixture. Let cool and set up. 

No comments: