Monday, May 20, 2013

Ward Camp Out

 Our ward had a family camp out last weekend. I loved it because father/son camp outs just don't include me and I really enjoy camping. We camped in Hard Labor Creek Park right outside Madison. Since it was only 45 minutes away, it was the perfect distance for a one night stay. We got there second so we got first dibs on spots in our huge group site.
 We were right next to a small lake which Henry loved. He threw rocks in and pinecones and even loved peeing in it. The provided latrine was a few steps below a port-a-potty so I was more than happy to oblige him going in nature. Hooray for having a boy! Sure makes camping easy.
 Our campsite had a fallen tree over a small ditch. The perfect distraction and hazard. Seriously, someone should cut that thing in half. Henry made it across with help from Steve. I know this is blurry but I like the look on Henry's face; determined delight.
We enjoyed a potluck dinner and then singing by the fire. The YM were in charge and had a small presentation about the priesthood and then all the children sang songs and it was bedtime. Henry went to bed before the campfire started, to our surprise he told us he was tired at around 8:00 pm. 
With so many families in the near vicinity it was a pretty loud night. Too bad tents aren't soundproof. Henry slept through the night like a champ and everyone woke up with the sun.
Here he is bright and early with two lanterns. Camping sure is a little boys dream. 
Dirt. Lake. Fire. Marshmallows. Hot Dogs. Flashlights. Sleeping Bags. Heaven.

No comments: