- Henry has been waking up at 6:00 am (!) and as much as a bright and early morning is supposed to be good for your soul, I think it pretty much sucks. By 9:00 I cannot even believe how long I have been up and I am all off on the eating/grumpy/energy dragging routine. So we're letting him stay up an hour later to see if that helps. Cross your fingers for our tired souls.
- It has been raining buckets here. I love it! But we miss being outside. It also rained during my entire craft show and I tried to hold on to a positive attitude. Luckily a few brave friends came to keep me company throughout the day.
- Last week we lucked out to spend the afternoon in South Carolina with our friends Nathan and Celia and their adorable children. It was fun catching up over delicioso cheese dip and park playing. So happy we could see them. All pictures in post are from that trip.
- Lately we have watched a variety of movies ranging from Galaxy Quest to The Perks of Being a Wallflower. With the easiness of tv these days, I barely have the attention span for film anymore. Which is pathetic! Here is to a great summer of movie watching.
- Speaking of tv, I am hooked hard on Scandal and my love for Grey's Anatomy keeps growing. Oh Shonda Rhimes: master of addictive and totally unrealistic guilty pleasure viewing.
- I can't seem to get enough cilantro lately. I know this is hardly blogworthy but seriously, I put it on everything. Wraps, BBQ chicken pizza, salad; it is a miracle herb. And is makes me sad for my friend Maren who thinks it tastes like a foot. (Hey Maren!)
- Are anyone else's kids obsessed with Angry Birds Star Wars? Henry loves the game, the youtube run throughs and to just play it on his own. He runs around the house pretending to be the characters. He "pulls it back"-scooting backwards- and then launches around the room knocking down invisible towers. We found a sticker book at Sam's Club that came with over 1000 stickers. They are all over the house. Luckily they are the reusable kind but still its very haunting to have them everywhere. The other day I found one on my leg. Who knows how it got there.
- Henry has started threatening us with time out. Its pretty funny. Example: In the car while radio surfing, "If you change the song one more time, you're going to time out." Sometimes I'll even let him put me in timeout and he sets the timer on his little kitchen. I personally love time out. Sometimes I fall asleep on his floor while I am in there. Time out well spent.
- Amazon Prime just released seasons 1-10 of America's Next Top Model. Since we stream Prime through our Wii, it has been guilty pleasure watching for me. It reminds me of the time when I had just had Henry and was celebrating with maternity leave and hours of watching those marathons Bravo loves to put on. Nothing but ANTM for weeks. Maybe that is why Henry can "smize" so well...
Bye.




2 comments:
Your friend Maren is right: cilantro, gag!
This is my favorite post so far, so random and so funny!! I love playing games with the kids where I get to sleep:) like pretending it is night time!
Post a Comment