Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Refashion: Nail Polish Jewelry

 Lately I have been trying to do more projects for myself. I have been sewing clothes, refashioning things and applying creativity outside my etsy shop. I always forget how much fun it is to mix it up sometimes. I saw this simple refashion on pinterest and thought it was a fun way to breathe new life into some old jewelry.

Everyone has accessories that they never wear but they don't want to get rid of. There is nothing wrong with them, they just need an update.

Nail polish is the simple answer. Its easy, free and if you hate the results you can undo with polish remover.

Before: All of these earrings needed a little life. I loved the coral ones but they are silver and I thought they could use some gold-already gold in this shot. I love the grey ones but they are hard to see in my hair. And I don't love the yellow from the drop earrings.
A little nail polish and you have fun new, spring jewelry. I ended up changing the yellow to mint and the silvery greys to bright reds, stripes and hot pink. As a side note, I should have painted white polish on before the red to get the vibrant color I wanted but these turned out okay. They kind of remind me of cherry cough drops.
And if you have jewelry that has faded, gold or silver, polish is a great way to fix them.
A clear top coat seals the new look.

3 comments:

Cyn said...

Your are amazing!

Unknown said...

So creative, I need to spruce up some of my gold earrings.

Megan said...

These all look so great!!!