Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Opossum Fest 2011

 Every year our friends Doyle and Chelsea have a Fall Party or Opossum Fest. Yes, Doyle shoots and cooks up an opossum. Welcome to the south! Last year I didn't try it but this year the whole Clark family tried some of the opossum stew and it wasn't bad. Its nice to know that if times really get tough, we can make it work with Georgia's natural resources.
Natalie and Josh Findlay with Joshua, Andrea and May and me
 The party was so fun with lots of great food, pretty decorations and lights and the UGA football game set up to entertain all the husbands. Plus their was a tailgate full of desserts.
Me Sara Michelle Chelsea Andrea
 Henry had lots of fun running around and eating off everyone's plates.
I helped Chelsea make flowers for the centerpieces. Very fall Asian.
Henry also tried his first apple. They were supposed to be decorations but that didn't stop him from devouring a few apples. He has had apple in the past but not a whole apple. He was a happy, sticky mess and refused to let them go when it was time to leave. He held on tight up until we plopped him in the tub.

So now I have eaten Alpaca, Guinea Pig and Opossum. What is the weirdest thing you've eaten?

All photos courtesy of Chelsea

2 comments:

Cyn said...

Birria (i.e., goat) taco. I ate it knowingly and it was OK, but I'll probably never eat it again. Your uncle and I had dinner at a swanky fundraiser event, Monday night. The first course was a beet and carrot salad. I delicately pushed the beets aside and didn't even taste them. Uncle Tim, however, wolfed everything down, wanting (apparently) to get his complete money's worth. When I asked him afterward how the beets were, he whispered in my ear: "Never again!"

Celia said...

You ate a guinea pig!? Impressive. I have eaten alligator (my uncle lied to me and said it was chicken), but that is not nearly as cool as opossum or alpaca...or guinea pig.