Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Valentine's Day

This year we kept Valentine's Day pretty simple. Since our anniversary is next week, we're really celebrating it all together in one great date.

I made Steve a heart banner (thanks cricut) and gathered some of his favorite treats like grape soda which I think is foul and gum. We made popcorn balls too. (Ingredients shown.) This was waiting for him after class.
In the morning Steve left this on the table while I was showering. Flowers, a handmade card with sweet note and a king sized Milky Way. Since I am trying to be healthy I wanted just one treat. He delivered with one BIG treat.
These are the Valentines we made for our Primary kids. Mini Chinese take out boxes with chocolate mint cookies inside. Steve actually helped with the cookies and the boxes. Almost seemed like kind of a waste to give them to 10 year olds.
We ate dinner at home. Steve made us Hawaiian haystacks and then we went out to ice cream. A couple of months ago I bought a $5 for $10 coupon through dealmobs for Nucci's Sweet Shop out in a neighboring town. As a last minute stroke of genius, I remembered the coupon and it was the perfect sweet note to the end of the day.
Since we were in the car and I had my camera, here is Henry in his new carseat. Note all the red for appropriate Valentine's Day garb. Since we had to spend $10, we both got two scoops in a waffle cone. Mint chocolate chip on the bottom, key lime pie on the top. The Key Lime was to die for. I will be back to eat it again. It had graham cracker crust in it and was perfection. Also note my bright red dress that I scored awhile ago at a thrift store for $3. It was a size 16 but I took it in.
And finally here is Henry who loved the ice cream more than either of us and actually started wailing when the wipes came out. A definite signal that the fun of eating is over. We ended the day with a brief Dr. Mario tourney and then reading the new Instyle (me) and lesson planning (Steve). Overall it was a wonderful day!

2 comments:

Cyn said...

I also see Wide World lurking in the background. I'm jealous!

Melinda said...

I like that dress! You should post a full body shot. And I'm impressed with the treats you gave your primary kids! Super cute!