Sunday, April 18, 2010

And the Winner Is...

Well we finally came to a decision and we will be heading to the University of Georgia in Athens, GA for Steve's Ph.D program.

We're both really excited about the town and what the school has to offer. But it also means that we are leaving in a little under 3 months as Steve's orientation starts on August 9th. I'm trying not to stress out with all the things we have to do to get ready but I know its going to go by faster than I think.

Who ever thought I would end up in the South?

5 comments:

whitney allison said...

Under three months??? Yowza. Lauryn and I keep saying we want to hang with you but we know your life is insane right now so you have to tell us when you're free.

Tina and Joe Rankin said...

I think that Michael Stipe from R.E.M. was from there. Random tidbit I remember from a HS crush. :) Best of luck to ya'll.

Megan said...

Wow, exciting! I don't know anything about Georgia at all so I'm looking forward to hearing what you think of it.

Melinda said...

That is so awesome! John and I have a strange fascination with the south. We've both never been there but idea of the culture there sounds so fun! Now I have images from all these movies popping up in my head (Skeleton Key, Interview with the Vampire, Gone with the Wind . . . )

Schoenstars said...

Best of luck!!!