Friday, January 15, 2010

Back in New York

Last season of Project Runway left me feeling pretty blah. It was boring, I just didn't feel the LA vibe and something was missing-talent, interesting contestants, Michael and Nina. So when Lifetime announced they were going to have another season and so soon after the first one, I wasn't filled with anticipation. But how could it get worse?
It is already so much better. It just feels better in NYC. At this point there are way too many contestants to really have an opinion but these are the looks I liked the best last night. I am very intrigued by a few of the designers in particular Amy and Maya.
And of course there is already someone who drives me nuts. Janeane. She cried or almost cried at least 3 times and even though she ended up pulling it together and producing a pretty decent outfit in 2 hours, she left me rolling my eyes.

The forums gave this look a pretty hard time but I love the funky asymmetrical top and even though I feel like I have seen the skirt before, I liked the print.

3 comments:

Natalie said...

Everything's better in NYC :) I'll be in Utah in a couple of weeks. I would love to see you and meet Henry!

Melinda said...

Yeah, LA wasn't doing it for me either. I could hardly watch the last few episodes last season because I got so bored. We got your Christmas card and note in the mail. Thanks! It was so cute! Yes, we need to meet halfway and do dinner sometime.

Megan said...

I agree! It feels much cooler in NY. I don't know a lot about fashion or design, but I also liked that first look a lot. Very cute.