Friday, April 17, 2009

Seven Days 'til blast off...

I've been MIA for a week. But I've been busy with my one and only craft show of the season and preparing for our trip.

We did nothing for easter. Well, we BBQ'd- Gallegos Family Tradition.

In exactly one week we will be standing in the SLC airport, pointed towards Peru. I almost cannot believe its already here. This week I freaked out a little so I built an excel spreadsheet itinerary-I love my nerdiness and I feel a lot better/prepared. We have all our arrangements made (flights, trains, hotels, tours, buses) and confirmed so there should be nothing to worry about. But, if you have any international travel tips, I would love to hear them! Leave me a comment.


Plazas de Armas, Cusco. Photo courtesy of bigzwillis actually it looks like he took the same trip we are going to so if you're interested, check it out.
Have a great weekend everyone!

9 comments:

Emily said...

You guys are going to have so much fun! Can't wait to hear all about it.

The only thing I would say about international travel is that you will end up being in airports a lot longer than you think. When we went to Cancun, we were in line for 2 hours just to check our bags!

Melinda said...

I'm so excited for you guys! Have a blast! As for travel advice, I always take prescription meds in my carry-on in case they lose your luggage (like when we went to Roatan. Taking two birth control pills a day for 3 days make me super sick!). Sorry, hope the wasn't TMI. Are you taking a booth at the Beehive Baazar? I've never been but want to go this year.

whitney allison said...

The best piece of advice I can lend is take wet wipes. In Europe at least, people have no respect for the toilet. Plus, in general, you just feel a little dirtier there. TAKE WET WIPES. You'll thank me.

joojierose said...

SOOO JEALOUS! say hi to macchu picchu for me!!!

Megan said...

You're going to have so much fun!! The only advice I have is to find out how early you need to be at the airport for your flight home. In Paris, they expected us to be there 4 HOURS early so we missed our flight even though we weren't really late. Oh, also, take tons of pictures. But I already know you'll do that. :) Just take even more than you think you'll want. Have your camera out ALL the time. Have a great time!!!

jenny said...

have fun!

The Glad Family said...

Oh, I am so jealous! Can you just pack me in your little suitcase? It's only been a month and I want to go back to Peru SO bad already! You'll have a blast!!!

Love Sweet Love said...

So. Jealous. :)

LC said...

I am so excited for you guys. Peru sounds so incredible! Take millions of pics and blog about everything you encounter!!