Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Tired of your iTunes at work?

So I don't know about you all but for some reason 4148 songs is just not enough to keep me interested for 40 hours of work week. Sad that I have that much ADD, apparently it can be learned. And Pandora is equally boring now too.

Well Steve directed me to a great thing. Pitch Fork Media put out their top 100 tracks of 2008 and although a lot of them are indie type music they do have some awesome songs to peruse. And then there is a link where you can download for free if you like the song. This link will take you to the start of the list. And I have only gotten through about 10 songs but I am already loving #86 the Veronicas and I love Los Campesinos #85 but the song they chose starts with some profanity, so cover your kid's ears. And Solange #82 is equally enjoyable too.

I'm excited to see what comes as I progress through the list. Get out there and try new music.

1 comment:

whitney allison said...

Be careful about blogging about getting "free" music online. I'm not going to visit you in jail. A blonde girl with my chest would be a turkey on Thanksgiving in there.