So I turned 26 on Monday and it was wonderful. You know, I have never really minded getting older. I think it is because I am happy with my life and the things I am doing. It is sad to see the marked passage of time though.
I woke up to a wonderful surprise of donuts from Steve and diet coke-as some would say, the breakfast of champions. I had to go to work but when I got there, my co-worker Julie had baked me the best carrot cake. It was so sweet of her considering it is my favorite cake. Literally it is amazing and even though I had already had a donut for breakfast, I had a slice. If you can't pig out on your birthday, when can you? I think the cake recipe is making it to my Christmas goodies plate-in miniature form of course. After the cake I went through a slight sugar shock but pulled through.
So for lunch I ran errands and had planned on eating at Taco Bell. Taco Bell? You might ask. Yes, Taco Bell the best fast food there is. And I did. Hey it's my birthday.
During the day I got lots of well wishes and a particularly excellent phone call. Thanks everyone!
After work I came home and opened presents. Steve got me the best bag and a few books I had asked for. (Too bad I'm stuck in War and Peace and won't be able to read them anytime soon. Maybe they will motivate me to get my butt moving.) I got some books from my parent's too and the best eyeliner brush EVER, a subscription to Instyle magazine, and a gift card to go shopping. Steve's mom got me yummy Williams-Sonoma peppermint soap and lotion and this gorgeous necklace from Banana.
After presents Steve took me to the Chef's Table for dinner. We had a nice romantic table by a window and could see all of Provo lit up with lights and Christmas lights. We could even see the temple. Dinner was good but not blow my mind away, the service is really what makes going to a place like that special. And I tried scallops for the first time, I am not a seafood buff. And for some reason I loved my dinner salad (it was perfectly dressed and had this amazing cheese shaved on it) and the dessert the best. We got this cinnamon chiffon cake with mascarpone frosting. Heaven. I got a gift card last Christmas from Icon and had yet to use it so we did, I'm glad we did because it saved us $50. And of course I didn't take one picture.
After dinner, we saw Four Christmases. I had been looking forward to this movie since I saw the trailer and I have to say, I was disappointed. It wasn't as funny as I thought it was going to be and Steve really didn't like it at all. Oh well.
Overall it was the best birthday I have had in a long time. Thanks Steve (and everyone else) for making it so special.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yay! Happy birthday!! It's so funny what you said about dinner, because whenever we go to a really fancy place, my fave is the salad and dessert. The main course is usually a big meaty thing, or a too-small veggie thing and neither are my absolute favorite. Anyway, sounds like you had a fantastic day!!
Post a Comment