When you are pregnant you are discouraged from making big hair changes. I would stretch that past pregnancy well into postpartum too. Your body is not your own, you feel so not like yourself, that making a big change might be regrettable.
I waited the appropriate length of time before chopping off all my nasty, stringy, dry hair. At 31, I am finally ready to embrace having big hair. It might not seem like a big deal but we cut off quite a large chunk and its even shorter in the back.
So long mangy, tangles. Hello gorgeous shiny locks!
I also got new glasses. Plastic frames have always had a hold of my heart. The sales associate said he didn't like them. He tried to get me into checkerboard stems. Maybe it is the obstinate streak that runs through me, but tell me I can't/shouldn't do it and I will want them even more. I don't regret them. In fact, I love them. In your face, sales guy!
And not pictured, I totally fit into one pair of my pre-pregnancy jeans today. Small steps towards getting back into being beckie.
2 comments:
Hooray for you! I still have 25 lbs to lose. I'm impressed! And your hair looks amazing. Miranda has hair similar to yours and this length and layered look is looking great on her now too. It does feel good to start to feel like yourself again!
Oh Megan, I am still about 15 pounds out as well. But I grab whatever I can when it comes to feeling back to normal. If its just hair and glasses, I'll take it.
Post a Comment