Just a few reasons why Henry is such a big boy these days:
- He eats all his vegetables and even likes them. Admittedly, he dips them in ranch dressing...I don't know if it is a phase or has something to do with Pre-K but he has been so adventurous in the eating department these days. He loves mushrooms, broccoli, asparagus, red and green bell peppers, tomatoes, lettuce, cucumbers and carrots. He also likes most of those cooked or raw.
- He still walks right into school all by himself. He does wave to me as he is walking in. It makes my heart proud to wave back as I slowly creep along in the car, watching.
- He no longer sleeps in a pull up at night. This is a HUGE one. He did well during potty training during the day but we kind of were just waiting for him to wake up dry so we could stop with the pull ups. Well that never happened so we just made him wear underwear to bed and he has done surprisingly well. Only a few accidents. And I learned a trick from my friend Kelly. Make the bed with a mattress pad and sheet. Then put another pad and sheet on top of that one. That way, if he has an accident in the night, you just pull off the wet layer and there is already another layer underneath. This has worked wonders.
- He loves showering. The other day he needed a bath but they take F-O-R-E-V-E-R so we convinced him to take a shower instead. A previous soap in the eye incident had scared him off. Well he loved the warm water and washing himself with a bar of soap. He declared he never wanted to take a bath again!
- He has started using the word "burning" as an adjective to replace really. For example, "I love this game, it's burning awesome." Or, "Vivian is burning cute." Who knows where he came up with that one!
- Oh and a funny moment. As I was buckling his car seat after church he told me, "Mommy you're eyebrows are beautiful. They are red." He really meant my eyelids which were pink. It was cute though. He often comments on my makeup if I am wearing lipstick or red eyeshadow. :)
- More and more he is starting to look like a boy and less like a baby. I know that sounds ridiculous because he is four years old but there were always glimpses of baby in him. Those are mostly gone now but I am happy with my boy.
3 comments:
Such a big boy! I miss him so much and his fun personality.
Love the halo effect of the wall hanging behind his head. Mommy's little angel (??).
I don't know if you think so, but sometimes he totally looks like your mom! I love the "burning" one. It's so cute when kids try out things like this. He's a smarty!
Post a Comment