Another effort to mix up a favorite dish of ours, quesadillas.
Now you don't really need a recipe for this, I just kind of used the basic idea and mixed it up with what I had. For example, I didn't put as much bacon and I think I used more BBQ sauce than they did. We also cooked ours on the griddle instead of baking them.
The first time I made these I forgot to buy bacon and the red onion, they weren't that great. The next time I had all the ingredients and they were good, they could have used more BBQ sauce for dipping. Next time. I also think I made the mistake of cutting all my ingredients too small so the flavors were kind of muddled. Bigger chunkier toppings like the picture would be best.
Still good though, they have made it onto our easy-weeknight-meal list.
Recipe and Photo courtesy of Like Mother Like Daughter
6 Large tortillas
6 TBS BBQ Sauce
1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
1.5 cups chicken, cooked and chopped (this is a great way to use up
leftover rotisserie chicken, or any other chicken you have – we used
already cooked bbq chicken)
8 pieces of bacon, cooked and crumbled
1 cup red onions, sauteed
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spread BBQ sauce on half of each tortilla.
3. Top BBQ sauce with about 1/4 cup cheese.
4. Spread about 1/4 cup chicken over the cheese.
5. Sprinkle bacon pieces and sauteed red onion over each tortilla evenly.
6. Sprinkle cilantro over the top of all the ingredients.
7. Fold tortilla in half.
8. Bake for 8-10 minutes until cheese is melted completely and tortilla is a little crispy.
10. Cut each quesadilla into 3 or 4 pieces.
Enjoy.
PS. If you would like a stronger BBQ flavor, dip pieces into BBQ sauce as you eat.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment