Monday, May 21, 2007

New York Part 2

Steve and I went to so many museums. Some we're better than others but all we're memorable. Here is some of the great art and things we got to see.
Unfortunately the Guggenheim prohibited photography above the ground level but here we are inside the rotunda.

At the Met we saw lots of cool modern art, here is Steve with a Warhol and a Georgia O'Keefe, also my favorite sculpture, Brandisi's, Bird in Flight. The Met has lots of cool impressionists pieces and a great photography area but those were under construction so we couldn't see them.


The Museum of Modern Art was definately our favorite. Her are 2 Picasso's and a Chagall.



There was actually a huge swarm around the Starry Night and it had its own security guard, Go Van Gogh! More Warhol and the tree is Klimt.


More of the Modern Museum of Art, me looking at a Pollock, some graphic print I loved but didn't remember to look at the artists name and this huge wall art, also forgot the name.
Steve and I definately loved this museum the best!


Steve in the American Museum Natural History.

4 comments:

Steve said...

The artist of the Cambell's soup is Warhol. I don't remember the other though. We do have that handout though that will tell us who it is.

Steve said...

Oops. I mean it was Gustav Klimt. I didn't read your entry very carefully.

jenny said...

I love the Jackie Kennedy Warhol and O' Keefe. You guys hit some wonderful places. I have to admit I'm jealous!

Cyn said...

I love the graffiti wall. I'm not a big fan of modern art, but will have to go see this the next time we're in NYC. Thanks for turning me on to this collection. Titi Cindy